- Enforce speed limits and clamp down on drivers who use mobile phones.
- Crack down on hit-and-run drivers, who account for a large portion of serious road injuries.
- Introduce 20mph speed limits in all built-up and shopping areas of Britain’s towns and cities.
- Require all lorries to carry full safety equipment to help them avoid collisions with cyclists: six mirrors, sensors and safety guards.
- Require organisations which run lorries and other large vehicles to provide their drivers with cyclist awareness training, as already practised in four London boroughs.
- Include a “cycle awareness” section in the driving theory and practical tests
- Allocate more road space to cycling, as has been done in The Netherlands and Denmark, among other places.
- Provide all children with access to Bikeability cycle training, the current version of the Cycling Proficiency test
- Encourage less car use and more. cycling so that, as in The Netherlands and Denmark, collision rates for cyclists are reduced.